Monday, December 8, 2008
Blindsided!
Okay, so those of you who have read my post of Micah's first day at school have probably gathered that he is a special child (LOL). As a side story, the older children have been fearful of Micah starting school, stating they were worried that he was going to get into trouble all the time. I would nonchalantly repy that he would be just fine. Other than his first week at school, Micah has been well-behaved in school. With that in mind, I was quite surprised when Leigh came home from school telling me that Micah's teacher said that Micah had to stay after school for 3 minutes with his head down because he had not been behaving in class. 5 minutes later, Micah and Kara came home. Kara was the one to give the full report. After hearing the story, all I could think was "poor guy" and that this was a story I needed to blog. So here goes. Micah's teacher was reading a story, (Micah said that it was boring to me). He saw some of his friends kind of not paying attention and playing a little bit during the story-telling. He joined in with them. Well, the teacher stopped in the middle of reading and said, "Who doesn't want to listen to the story, stand up?" (She totally set those boys up. Shame on her). Well, Micah, thinking that he was being given the choice to exercise his free agency without punishment, stood up with the rest of the boys. The teacher then told those who were standing to go to their desks and put their heads down. They were to remain there until 3 minutes after the bell. Poor guy. Kara said that he was crying when she went to get him. The teacher felt sorry for him and let him go. I did talk to him about his behavior, and doled out a punishment to fit the crime, but come on. You've got to admit, he was totally blindsided. LOL.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Aww poor Micah. LOL I know she was trying to teach them lessons but that was a setup and a really unfair one. What did she expect kindergarten boys to do? Poor Micah, make that kid some peanut butter chunk brownies and tell him Cowand sent them with her high fives and lots of smiles. I miss that little turkey so much!
Apart from all the drama, Micah has portrayed himself as an honest boy. Not afraid to stand up when he knows what he did was wrong. You are teaching him all the right principles & he is using it. I think Micah can teach his teacher a few things or two.
Totally set up. Totally blindsided. Totally awesome! Man, I wish I would have though of that when I was teaching...:) she probably said it really sweet too, like, who wants a big bowl of Ice cream? LOL - probably harsh for Kindergarten - but I'm betting they'll think twice before jumping on that train again! too funny!
Poor kid - I saw that one coming! I wish I could have been the fly on the wall!! So funny!
Post a Comment